October 24, 2011 by Scott Finley
Read on for a full breakdown of everything we know about the ‘Marry the Night’ video so far.
By Scott Finley
The video for “Marry the Night” is still a few weeks away, but quite a bit of information about it has already come to light. I have compiled a thorough report of every single detail that we at Gagaism.org know about the “Marry the Night” video. I have even included the various rumors we heard, but don’t worry, every rumor I post will be listed as such.
- The production for “Marry the Night” is huge. There are lots of dancers, lots of costumes, and lots of locations. Gaga herself tweeted that over 30,000 feet of film was used to shoot the video.
- Fire, a favorite theme of Gaga’s, is expected to play an important role in the video (I cannot confirm this so take it with a grain of salt. There have been a lot of reports though that corroborate this claim.)
- Dina (one of Gaga’s original dancers), and Gaga’s mother have been spotted on-set. Some claim to have seen Pepper as well.
- Rumor: The video will feature two Pacific Coast Harlequin dogs, much like Rumpus and Lava were in Gaga’s earlier videos. Since Rumpus passed away in 2009, another dog will be used as his stand-in.
Also, just before releasing the covert artwork for the “Marry the Night” single, Gaga tweeted the following:
Gaga has since stated that the video will be autobiographical.
Dancers have been seen wearing tutus and leotards, while Gaga has been spotted in a number of elaborate outfits, with black leather and large hats being recurring elements. Take a look at the gallery for examples.
One particular little monster tweeted about some choreography she saw being performed by a few of the dancers. She tweeted, “Just saw some MTN choreo… Lots of arm motions, fast movement. And Mark wearing leather pants +no shirts, girls wearing ballerina leotards.”
“Marry the Night” was filmed in New York, in particular:
- Snug Harbor Cultural Center and Botanical Gardens on Staten Island (mainly inside of a large mansion-like building)
- Harlem (in the streets and on a rooftop where the single’s cover artwork was shot.)
Cast and Crew:
The following people have been spotted on-set and are assumed to be in the video:
- Virtually all of Lady Gaga’s current dancers (including Jeremy Hudson, who rejoined the dance crew in September.)
- Melissa “Dina” Emrico
- Pepper (Rumor)
- Lady Gaga’s mother, Cynthia Germanotta (She was on-set, but we can’t promise she’ll be in the video. Probably though.)
- Jenna Ushkowitz (Tina from Glee)
Cinematographer Darius Khondji and production designer Gideon Ponte were originally thought to be directing the video alongside Gaga, but it turns out that Gaga will be the sole director of “Marry the Night,” making it her solo directorial debut!
Be wary of anyone outside of Gaga’s camp who claims to know the video’s release date. So far, no definitive release date has been announced. With that said, we have it on good authority that the current plan is to release the video in early November. Keep in mind that these plans could also change at any time. (Update: these same sources are now saying that the video will be released mid-late November.)